GoStudy abroad

Are you thinking of travelling with Erasmus next year? We will give you some advice to help you set off.

Before the trip

Not all universities are the same nor do they have the same management programme, however, there are some documents that almost all of them are going to require. Before you leave, you must have your personal documents up-to-date:

  • National Identity Document
  • Passport
  • European Health Insurance Card: you must get this in advance at any Social Security Service and Information Centre (link to the centres) to be able to have health cover in your chosen country.

If your journey is to study at a foreign university you must take with you:

  • Grant Agreement
  • Learning Agreement: this is the document with all the courses that you will study at your new centre. If on the other hand you are going to do work experience in a company your document is called Trainning Agreement. This shows the start and end date of the work experience as well as the company where it has been arranged.
    Do not forget to check out your host university website to find out the enrolment date.

Do not forget to check out your host university website to find out the enrolment date!

When you arrive in your Erasmus city you must…

  • Sign the Certificate of Attendance/Arrival that you can get at the Erasmus office or the Mobility office.
  • Get your student card.
  • Learning Agreement: if this has been changed you must inform the person who has organised the grant for you so that there is no problem in validating the courses.

When you get home…

All you have to do is collect your Certificate of Attendance which you can get in any Erasmus or Mobility department of your new university and if they require it, the Certificate of Studies.

Having done this, we suggest that you take a look at Sistema Educativo Europeo(European Education System) and study programmes at the different universities. Remember that you can also visit our website to find information on where to stay, travel advice and all the information on European universities and their Cities.